same systems different results

Status
Not open for further replies.

djray77

Baseband Member
This is really weird, how come my brothers raptor bench's at 70mb/s and my raptor only did 20mb/s something seems very wrong. He has the 74gb 16mb cache and I have the 36gb 8mb cache, but with 20mb/s a IDE would be faster lol.

We have the same computers, we just got done building two new machines.

A8N-SLI
AMD 4200+ X2
X1900XT
2GB Corsair XMSPRO

Only diff is P/S, he bought a new 550watt and I am using my older antec 400watt. I thought with power supplies, ether it will work or not, but now im thinking it has something to do with why im getting such a low HD speed? any thoughts or suggestions???

I think my raptor isnt getting enough juice, hense why mine slow.
Has to be that the only diff between the two systems.

I have 1 other Q, I was wondering if I would gain performance from 2 raptors in a raid 0 setup?
Could someone give me some advice on this? The computer is mainly used for gaming and some PS and dreamweaver.
Thanks,

wow so much help in here LOL j/k guys.

I ordered a new 150 raptor and a antec 550watt neo P/S, hopefully that will do the trick.

Wow 150GB raptor, I would have rather bought another 36GB raptor and like a 250GB seagate, so you could raid those raptor, which would be faster then any ol raptor, and then use 250GB for storage :D

Thanks now you tell me that :) j/k. Well I was reading a few boards and some reviews on tomshardware, and they were saying that this new 150 raptor is fast as raid 0. So I figured what the ****. Also alot of people are telling me that raid is not for the gamer and thats what this system is for.

This is from tomshardware:
RAID 0 generally is the best choice if you require high data transfer rates; in fact, it is possible to almost double throughput numbers by deploying a RAID 0 configuration. However, access times do not improve, and sometimes you will even see an increase in access time. Your everyday life with Windows won't be accelerated much by using a RAID 0 array, even if many people tend to believe that! We have proof for this statement in the form of benchmark numbers that compare the WD1500 Raptor with a two-drive RAID 0 setup that consists of two 7,200 RPM drives.

The Raptor-X's performance is even good enough to beat a RAID 0 array consisting of two modern 7,200 RPM drives, except in terms of pure throughput, of course. In addition, it is nicer having only one drive to install, and the data safety of a single drive is better anyway. Speaking of safety, we should refer to the five year warranty, which should give you a good feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom