How are you dealing with file search problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nethex

Solid State Member
I’m gone into the panic – my files are everywhere and I occasionally can’t say where needed one is situated. Can you advice me any software for effective file search with different parameters, like not full name or by mask. Simple interface is preferred . I don’t want to use windows built in crappy search!

I think I've got a solution: VistaGlance - impressive freeware search tool which I've found. There are some information from official site for those who are also faced with first post problem:
VistaGlance is a revolutionary program with elements of artificial intelligence that gives you a wonderful ability to get documents you want or run programs you need within several seconds since you firstly think about them. VistaGlance utilizes results of original research in computer human interaction and human perception to increase efficiency of documents-related work up to 30 percents.
http://www.vistaglance.com
Just checkout this program. I assure you'll be satisfied with results.

I've used Copernic and VistaGlance both. So I think the Copernic is powerful tool, which you can use to search in workmanlike manner but not instantly. And on another side is VistaGlance - quick acces file tool with fast search and with well enough customizable search preferences customizable to locate the right thing. It always within easy reach and ready-to-use instantly.

So this is my choice - VistaGlance.

From my experience with this program:
- small index file size - about 10-20 MB on 200GB hard drive filled about to 80%;
- low system resources consuming (VG implements a system not of constant full base reindexing, like Google, but of updating infromation only if file or folder parameters are changed);
- indexing process on my PC takes ~2 minutes;
- handy, simple interface, hotkeys included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom