Conroe Reviews Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
A E6300 is comparable to a X2 4600+, lol. It would've been to a X2 4800+, but that and the 4400+ are being phased out.

Also, a E6300 clocks to X6800's 2.93Ghz easy as pie. The only thing keeping it from going higher is the FSB on the motherboard, it gets too much for it to handle.

The X6800 have the bigger cache though, which gives them an advantage over the lower priced chips.

how long from now (if at all) would i be sorry for buying a 6300 instead of a 6600? would there be a significant decrease or with me (running a 2.0 P4) would i ever notice with it going so fast compared to what i have now?

THEN WHY OH WHY IS THERE SUCH A MAGNIFICIENT DIFFERENCE IN FPS BETWEEN A PENTIUM-D 820 AND A X6800 CONROE?
Because it's not realistic to expect the lowest spectrum of a previous family to meet the same standards as the highest end of the spectrum of a leading edge family

AntiKryptonite said:
A E6300 is comparable to a X2 4600+, lol. It would've been to a X2 4800+, but that and the 4400+ are being phased out.

Also, a E6300 clocks to X6800's 2.93Ghz easy as pie. The only thing keeping it from going higher is the FSB on the motherboard, it gets too much for it to handle.

what FSB speed are you talking about? 1066 or 800?

Also, you can OC the FSB, (depending on the chipset) independantly of the RAM, so you can get even higher.

Im looking at a E6300 right now, adn I dont care if its an Allendale or cut down Conroe, It still beats many of the procs in the AMD64 X2 series out now.

Its no secret or debate that currently (not future, etc) Conroe is the winning processor.

The new debate should concentrate on what chipsets are the best to max out the performance of these chips.

(and whats G80?)

I"m wondering if anyone else realizes that "AntiKryptonite" is Flanker?

I could never mistake that type of attitude. "I'm right, you're all wrong." I'll quote you 7 thousand times and twist your words and post endless graphs and drawings until I make you pee your pants in tears....

God, i know why i don't come to this section anymore... Too many half wits that think they know it all, yet know NOTHING.

Aww, now he's banned.

p.s. Nice sig.

EDIT: Well to stay on track, which would be the best buy (while still keeping in mind, price) out of the new Conroe processors?

E6600 if the price WILL be around 300-360$.

-Jo.

btw who's banned? Flanker is Infomator or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom