Gateway 500x Series ( Desktop )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseband Member
Gateway 500x Series (Desktop)

Hello,
This is my dad's desktop computer deal thing he has. As for right now the only thing thats been upgraded is the ram and thats 1 gig, the computer can handle up to 4 gig. We was told that buy Gateway and Bestbuy. I was looking for better graphics for the desktop but I dont know which one to buy I cant afford a expensive one but I guess I can afford about 40-80 dollar one. Also they also do alot of ebay auctions and they do alot of pictures for ebay also. Whats the diffrence between Windows Xp Home Vs. Xp Pro? Any other suggestions would be helpful to. Thanks 21

what are the specs of the computer?
you can upgrade according mainly to the Motherboard, and sometimes Operating System
XP Pro is more stable and has more 'editability' for the advanced user

apokalipse said:
what are the specs of the computer?
you can upgrade according mainly to the Motherboard, and sometimes Operating System
XP Pro is more stable and has more 'editability' for the advanced user
The operating system is windows xp, 1 gig ram, thats all I know of top of my head. Im kinda good with computers do you think I could handle something like xp-pro?

apokalipse said:
for a video card, your mobo may or may not support AGP8x but if it does I suggest a Radeon 9200 for your budget
Alrighty I appreciate it I'll look in to it futher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom