Help with new WoW system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemorgan85

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I am just now jumping on the WoW bandwagon and I am looking for some help before I purchase my new PC about what would run well and what wouldn't.
I plan on purchasing it this week.

Right now, I am set on the Ibuypower.com Gamer FX, which I changed some things around:

Athlon64-3800+
1024 MB Corsair XMS with heat spreader (RAM)
XMX GeForce 7600GT 256MB
Coolermaster case/ 420W supply
Sound Blaster X-Fi card/ Logitech 5.1 Surround set
eVGA nForce SLI board (Dual DDR, PCI)
Liquid Cooling
300gb Hard Drive (16M Cache 7200RPM)
Saitek Eclipse keyboard
Logitech MX518 Mouse
19" Viewsonic gaming LCD Flatpanel (2ms)

I am no expert on computers by any means, but I just want to know if this would be a good choice or whether I should look into the similar Pentium system, which pretty much the same specs and cards. I'm looking to have very little slowdown and great graphics.

I also would like to know how much a PPU actually affects the graphics on WoW, if anybody is currently using one.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Jon

OK So first off you would want a dual core, thats for sure.

The video card is ok if you'r not planning to go for the ultra highest resolutions on highest settings, if you do, get an ati x1800xt or if you can affored ---- x1900xt. the AA/AF on those looks x10 times better and they are just generaly are better...

Good screen, good HDD [get either the seagate barracuda or the w.d. caviar both are good].

Mobo, AM2? with 2GB of DDR2 [for future upgradability both AM2 and DDR2 are best for AMD, although for now they dont exactly shine on benchmarks], if you can affored 800mhz if not 667mhz @ 4cas latencies.

Liquid cooling, a custom one, purchase it at www.petrastechshop.com <<Best place for you tobuy those.

Case, I'd suggest the Gigabyte Aurora 3D [its big, aluminum made and the pros overcome any con in that case, and its GREAT for watercooling (Was preconfigured to work with such a cooling solution)]

Hmm and a psu i'd suggest a 500watt antec truepower 2 or something equivlant, not lower... water cooling with a good card and stuff needs that juice ;) .

About you'r pentium question, NONONONONO!! in a month time there will be no more Pentium!! Intel is moving to the "Conroe" aka "Core 2 Dou" [or is it opposite? Core 2 Dou codenamed Conroe hehe] which actualy outmatch any current AMD out there but we're not sure of the prices yet.. the E6600 which supposed to be the best bang for the buck [beats an amd FX-62] supposed to cost 350$ but we can not tell for sure anymore...

So if you can wait and don't have a problem with it, I'd suggest a conroe E6600 powerd machine.

Oh and if we're into waiting for new hardware, in two months +/- new video cards should be out, and they'r supposed to be really good [nvidia releases gpus that are revision-codenamed 80, and ATI will release the R600 revisions.]

So I suggest either getting an E6600 conroe powerd computer with an x1800xt/x1900xt [depends on your budget] or one of the new video cards that'll come out soon..

-Jo.

Well the trouble is I am too computer dumb to build my own so I am going with Ibuypower.com and they do not offer the x1800xt, they only offer the x1900xt, which I cannot afford. I already have the Viewsonic and the mouse, and I am looking to stay under $1,250 for the PC.

They also don't offer that particular case, so the best option for me looks to be the Coolermaster Ammo case.

Also, would a GeForce 7600GS 512MB be better than the 7600GT 256MB? I am really new to this sort of thing. If I was able to cut out some things, I may be able to splurge for the 7900GT, but that is a longshot.

Thanks for any more help on this.

Also, how much of a performance increase would I see in the dual core?

in RPGs? Alot.

If you multitask [like open two clients or more (alot do that on rpg games) you'll be amazed of how many stable lagless clients u could run]

also dual core is simply the next generation of stuff.

BTW Its not all that hard to build your own pc, read some guides, theres only one place for every part, if it fits without putting too much strength on it---thats the place the part should be connected to ;) .

You'll save lots of money and have a better pc if you build it yourself.

-Jo.

umm... my friend is running wow full quality on a 7300gt..... so i'm pretty **** sure a 7600gt would more than own it on any resolution... wow does not require much at all.. and as for a dual core, i'd recommend one myself.. but in wow, i really don't think its a dual core supportive kinda game... so if you don't wanna spend too much a single core should do you just fine.

and not only that.. wow is limited to 60fps.. i'd just stick to the 7600 IMO.. because that game hardly requires anything....

^ Words of wisdom.

As for PPU's, there's no need for one with WoW. PPU's are not even currently supported.

P.S. Don't buy from iBuypower or Cyberpower. www.resellerratings.com

Look 'em up. See what you get.

didnt even notice you had liquid cooling on there... don't even bother with that.. you only need liquid cooling if your going to be overclocking.. and with playing wow... you won't need to... drop the liquid cooling and see if you could get a better video card.. that would be just dandy.. if you could drop the water cooling, you could go for a 7900 gt.. or should be able to.

I run a 7800GT with flawless high quality on any game I play including guild wars battle field 2 world of warcraft and a few others.

Agree with Diceman, you need alot of ram, I went from 512 on my old rig to 1 gig and raised amost 20 FPS heh. this new rig has 2 gig and when I was playing WoW, I never went below 50 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom