building

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
Mourning fellows

i am sorry, but think i hit wrong button (post).

well anyway i got another question before i hit the order button.

i am picking the Asus P4C800E deluxe MB P4/intel 875PMHz/DDR 400/sata/GP Lan, now which of the below will be best with this MB?

Intel P4 3.00G 1MB/800 MHz, or the Intel P4 3.00G 512k/800MHz
or something else?

oh ya i am getting the ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB

any help with this sure would be appreciated.
thanks much
harley

go with asus or abit motherboards try to stay away from intels because they are not overclockable. I use an intel motherboard and however they are very reliable, i would try something like an asus mb because they are heard to be veery good

Monster00

iwant to thank you and Mrzedler for your reply.

yes i am getting the asus P4c800E- deluxe I875PE 800MHz FSB
DDR 8X AGB MB.

what i need to know is which of these CPUs will work best with the asus mb the Intel P4 3.0 G 1MB/800MHz, or the Intel P4 512K/
800MHz ?
thanks much
harley

Dang harley, you sure know how to spend some money!

The 3.0Ghz w 1MB Cache and 800MHz FSB would be the better option.

ive seen mixed reviews about the prescott chips. some places say they offer good performance over the northwoods but other places say depending on the type of app running either could come out on top and the prescotts run much hotter which will probably put a limit on how much overclocking youll be able to do with them. also since theyre new theyre a little overly expensive you could wait a while and end up getting probably a faster processor for less.

building comp.

hello

thanks jblaze and Shrapel for reply. i do not want comp. thats gets to hot. i will never be doing any overclocking stuff on it, i was thinking on runing a few diff flight sim games on it. really dont even know what that clocking stuff is.

i am posting (last time what i am having built) if you fellows would look it over and let me know if it looks alright, i am going to oder it up tonight.

1-aspire X superalien ATXA6SW/ 500W/ aluminium

2-asus P4C800E deluxe MB P4/intel 875P/800MHz/
DDR400/sata/gb lan

3-intel P4 3.0G 1MB/ 800MHz

4-memory= crucial 1GB, 512MB x 2, DDR 400

5-hard drives= two WD 80GB SATA 150 7200RPM 8 MB/wd 800JD

6-ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB DVI?TV?@H AGP

7-Creatve labs soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

keyboard, mouse, dvd-rom,cd-rw,floppy drive, win.XP, creative SBS 450 4.1 speaker system

will this thing play at least a few games? will it run hot if it does i would rather have myself a good HP>
thanks harley

this will be my last post on building a system, it to hard

I had the same problem when I upgraded to my 2800+ Barton Core. Just install a larger power supply, atleast a 420. I have a 500 and its enough just as an example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom