CRT Oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty1

Beta member
I just got a new CPU (and motherboard), and just finished reinstalling windows. So it defaults to 1280x1024 (when for the last year or two Ive used 1164x864). So Im working in this new resolution and suddenly there's this bright white line from the top to bottom of my screen, about an inch wide right in the middle. Then everything goes black. Sort of like an old TV shutting off. This happened twice in about 15 minutes, NEVER experienced this before.

I switched back to the lower resolution and it hasnt happened for quite a while now. Is my graphic card (9800 Pro) just not capable of running that high. Or whats going on?

Thanks.

yes either the monitor is not fully capable of running that res or the monitor is dying. If the problem persists at the lower resolution then replace the monitor.

I'm assuming that its just the display thats goiing down an the computer isnt actaully crashing? if the computer is crashing then its probably your graphics card.

Normally your monitor wont even display resolutions its not capable of but in this case it seems your monitor just cant handle it

Thanks for the answers. Its definately just the monitor, as when I turn it off, then on, it comes back to life as usual. But I just looked it up, and apparently the max res on this monitor (Accusync 95F) is 1600 x 1200. Ive had NO problems with this monitor before now, and that res is far below the max it supports.

If its grand at a lower rez that your used to ,leave it that way,,, and when has computer equipent ever worked the way its supposed to :)

that happened to me my gfx card defaults to 75hz i changed it to 60hz and now i can run at that resolution on my crt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom