Post Your Pretty Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was true then all these roms ppl are buying and their companies should be sued for false advertising. A CD/DVD will shatter at anything faster than 52X. Thats why CD-ROM/CD-RW read speeds stopped at 52x. I believe burning dosent go any faster than 32x though, but i could be wrong.

The fastest is 54x. And no, the CD will not shatter, as proved by mythbusters. It will only shatter if it is broken or cracked to start with.

john3 said:
yo turobFX, if u dont mind, can u explain to me how its faster? i mean. im studying A+ right now, and apparently those read/write/re-write times, are....well potential, and that the maximum is 16x, anything faster the CD will get f'd up. is this true? or is there a way around this?

WELL, a dvd is 16x, and a cd is 48x as for my plextors.

in real life 16x dvd writing speeds is 21.13 MB/sec, now that might sound like not that much but you also got to take into account that all that data goes through buffers. now have a higher read/write burst speed that inturn allows the computer to put data through faster then it can write, just incase it has to slow down or speed up, and to allow it to compensate for any reason, that is why when reading and writing to disk alot of drives will go up and down in speeds during, now since sata 150 has a proposed 150MB/s this allows the buffer to get filled faster and kept filled stabler.

in the end you can only write a dvd at 16x, but the trick is to keep the burner going at 16x with different type of data being thrown at it, so faster is better, mainly with all the different file types that go into making a dvd.

but you also have to take into account that sata is better since the controler can send and recieve data through its single channel unlike ide or scsi which if you have a hdd or another opticle device on that cable it slows it down since it has to comunicate with all the other devices on that cable.

CrazeD said:
The fastest is 54x. And no, the CD will not shatter, as proved by mythbusters. It will only shatter if it is broken or cracked to start with.

maybe cd's but for dvd's that is a different case, spinning them up to 18x, which these new drives can do, WILL break them, i have done it, now that was only one time the disc might of had a flaw in it, but it made a BIG **** SOUND when it did it, not to mention break the laser carage in half, lol

the 760a and 755sa can burn at 18x but require a special type of disc, looks like a dvd with 2 acrilyic platters on it, so double the thickness of a standard dvd or cd, i guess that can take the centrifical force at 23,600 rpm max at 16x

Then they are wrong or didnt do something right. I havent seen a single drive burn or read at actual 52x nor have i seen a 54x drive at all. I have spun a disk faster than 52x before and it shatterd into a million pieces. Did to 3 disks brand new out of the package never been touched before. Was a school project i did back when i was a fish and thought it would be cool.

P.P. Mguire said:
Hmm i understood it but meh ill make it shorter.
Basicaly saying, ive said use the mobo tray and turn your HDs around for a LONG time now; he spent 3-4 hours on that case when it dosent look THAT great but that cheap mobo isnt great for what hes trying to do anyways; i spent 30 mins on that computer in the picture and you can only see 2 cables. The IDE cables. I spent another 10 minutes on it the other night and you cant see the front panel cables, cathode cables or the video card molex cable. 40 minutes and all you can see is 2 IDE cables which blend in w/ the case. Now THATS cable management. You cant see the HD either.

Hmm I Took four hours because I Had to clean every little hole inthat machine it looked like a nuclear winter of dust took place in it ;) thats what took most of the time not rearranging the cables lol that took 10 minutes.

-Jo.

P.P. Mguire said:
Then they are wrong or didnt do something right. I havent seen a single drive burn or read at actual 52x nor have i seen a 54x drive at all. I have spun a disk faster than 52x before and it shatterd into a million pieces. Did to 3 disks brand new out of the package never been touched before. Was a school project i did back when i was a fish and thought it would be cool.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827150005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom