themps too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomW said:
Hi probably a dumb question but how do you guys know what temp CPU is running at? Or are you checking air temp inside the whole case? TomW

neh its not a dumb qns, its something id have asked b4 anyway when i was dumb with coms too :D

hmm answering ur qns... there are basically 2 ways u can check the temp in the com.

first is to chek it thru the bio which isnt very convinient and the second is through a program

one program id recommend is the hmonitor which can be downloaded at www.hmonitor.com

but of coz there are other programs out there and probably even better than hmonitor :D

Usually most moder procs have built in probes--just check the Cmos --- usually the temp is somewhere in there

You can always download a program as well

If you have an athlon it will shut down by itself if it is too hot

Also Intel boards come with a program called Intel Active Monitor which you can also download of the intel site if you have a pentium

Hi, I installed the monitor but don't get any readings and the part to check supported mother boards don't work. So must be this board doesn't have the correct sensors to work? Its a M5ALA ver 2.0 with AMD K6-2/500 CPU and none of the fans plug into board, all go to power supply. TomW

it dont matter if they plug into the board or PSU... None of my fans plug into my mobo (when i had my CPU fan it did) but i mean u have win 98. Thats really old. It probley only works with 2000/ME/XP/2003...

if i get s new hestsink would i have to take off that thermal tape/pad that is on the stock cooler. i hear i is like glue and is quite hard to get it off. when what would i clean the cpu with. so i put artic 5 paste. i have always used stock coolers and i am a bit scared to fiddle with my cpu incase i break it. then how do you put artic 5 on, the heatsink is easy to install- its just that junk thermaltape from the stock cooler-im not going to lap it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom