Network Printer is printing a mirrored image

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadrobot

Baseband Member
This morning I installed a HP officejet 6100 printer onto my step dad's laptop (it was already installed and working on my desktop) At this time it was working just fine.

He tells me later that he cant recieve faxes (not what this post is about). After pretty much just messing around with it because I dont know the 1st thing about faxes we then try to print. And guess what. Any time I print something from word or the internet (just the 2 things I used to test out the problem) it prints a mirrored image! when i print a testpage it looks perfect. When I print from my computer (the computer that the printer is plugged into) it workes just fine.

I am really at a loss for ideas. I have tried reinstalling the printer but nothing really works. If i change the driver, it just wont print at all.

Please help

not much i can think of, just go into your printer and see if theres an option you can turn off, maybe the driver is messed up, try and find a few drivers that work with it and try each one out.

I hvae tried a few generic drivers and the Officejet (w/o a number) drive but with any of those it wont print at all. Also there is no option because both printers were installed the same.

What kidna option would that be :p I can't think of any possible use for that :D

Your answer would likely lie withing the printer preferences... Go to FILE > PRINT, then click on PREFERENCES....
With this new window, on the printer at my work, there is an 'IMAGE OPTIONS' tab, and under it, a box you can click to print a Mirror Image...

Doesn't sound at all like a drivers issue... if that was the case, you would get DOZENS of pages of output, all in random characters... I hvae had this happen on an EPSON when I used the wrong drivers on a printer... (2 different model EPSON's, wasn't paying attention to the disks...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom