PSU and GPU question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeduckieez

Beta member
Can a 350W PSU run a eVGA e-GeForce 7600GT on my rig without messing up any hardware? I know its the minimum PSU, but I dont have any cash right now to get a new PSU. If I took out my CD Burner and my Floppy Drive, will it work better?

My rig:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ w/ stock fan
Asus ASRock 939 Dual-SATA2 motherboard
BenQ CD writer
DVD drive
floppy drive
250GB Maxtor HDD

If I took my DVD and floppy drive out of that, then put in a eVGA e-GeForce 7600GT, will it run smoothly and not damage any hardware then? I need an answer ASAP.

dude, i used a 5900xt on a 280 psu before, the minimum recomended is always high, if you had 2 or 3 hard drives in your machine with 2 optical drives its a different matter but id say you should be fine,, i also used a 6600gt in a 300 watt before,,

I would say that's the bare minimum but it should run Ok. Does the GPU manufactuer say that's the minimum, if so, that's what you need. In time when you've got the cash, upgrade, I got an Antec and it's fantastic so I would reccomended them but what ever you do when you upgrade your PSU don't buy a cheap one, always go for a branded make like Antec or Thermaltake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom