$1000 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do it for him.

12588.png

Conroe on July 27th. The E6300 costs $183, give or take $20. Something to consider, no?

All I can say is, wow.

EDIT: Upon seeing the graph and actually reading the results of the new Conroe, I have now changed my mind and will be building a Conroe system. It just boggles my mind how a processor intially priced at $316 (which I know will change) can surpass AMD's own beast of the FX-62, while costing over $1000. Just amazing. I can't wait. :D

EDIT 2: So that being said, may I have some assistance building a Conroe system (CPU, mobo, GFX, RAM), building hopefully around a Core 2 Duo E6700. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated for I do not know my way around Intel, just AMD.

thanks AntiKryptonite i don't know my way around these boards well.

and yes viperman i am just like you. the conroe stuff is exciting !

so is the 6600 gonna be around 316 ?

man i can hardly wait !

any recomendations on mobo to use with conroe ? i was going with ASUS with AM2

No recommendations on motherboards yet.

One processor is missing from that list -- The 2.13Ghz E6400. If it was in that graph, THAT is the processor that would be equal to the FX-62. It costs $224. The E6600 is far above the FX-62's performance.

what socket type will they be ? i mean is there boards for intel now that already use the socket type or is it brand new ?

Socket LGA755 (Socket T). There are LGA775 motherboards, but not all are compatible with Conroe. The official release is still like 2 weeks away, so sit tight during that time. By the release date, there will be more than enough motherboard recommendations to go around.

I agree, do a search.

Thanks for all the help. And sorry if this has turned into a "Whoa, Conroe" thread. I am just amazed by the power that these processers can generate.

EDIT: Can someone point me in the direction of some good RAM? I have a strong feeling I will be heading towards Conroe, but could always fall back on AMD. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom