How much to upgrade processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJ14

Beta member
I have a Gateway computer with an Intel pentium III and about 500 MHz processor speed. I bought Age of Empires 3 and found out that it requires 1.4 GHz and a pentium IIII processor. So my question is how much is it going to cost to upgrade so I can play my game. By the way the game won't even start.

Thanks alot

you'll need a new motherboard ontop of your new processor. and new mobo means new ram because you're probably using SD RAM.. and now only ram in use is DDR and DDR2.

and since gateway uses propriety parts (i think) then you'll also have to buy new case/powersupply.

you'll pretty much need a whole new computer.. you can keep your hard drive , OS, and optical drives.

depending on the quality of parts you want.. you'll prolly be looking to spend around $200 - $400

Sorry about the new post, well im looking at new Dell computers and they say they have a pentium 4 in them but they dont tell how much speed. Does a pentium 4 have a minimum speed like 1.4 GHz or am I just clueless when it comes to computers.

well if you're buying new from dell they'll probably be at least 2.6ghz or something around there... but if you want performance you're better off just putting your own parts together.

Well I cant put puzzles together let alone a computer so buying a new one is probably the only option.

in my opinion, the low-end Dell computers are generally not good for gaming. any new pentium 4s from Dell will let you play AoE 3, but i wouldn't expect it to run any recently released or many future games, especially if u get the integrated intel graphics chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom