Google Compute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erstad

Banned
Has anyone heard of this or does anyone actually use this?? It seems a little weird to me to let people into my computer for the purpose of performing calculations. But then again, it is Google and I trust them.

Google Compute

It uses your PC's downtime to calculate problems for Stanford University. They are trying to figure out something about proteins and use your PC's downtime to calculate problems. It's for a good cause. I do it. No actual person is going into your computer, it just sends back "packets" of info that your computer has figured out.

If it has anything to do with google... it can stay the hell away from my computer!

hygor said:
If it has anything to do with google... it can stay the hell away from my computer!

yeah, honestly.... whats wrong with google??? I think he just says taht to be different.....

To use it you must have the Google toolbar... I DON"T TRUST TOOLBARS!!! Toolbars other than the ones supplied with internet explorer are the devil.

And besides... it's google. Eck

Heh. I also shy from using toolbars. I won't touch them.

Doesn't seti have something like this going on? Uses the pc downtime to help sift through data to search for life outside planet eart. Heh.

I have a huge problem with google they are on my hate list along with Microsoft and Intel.

Their toolbar is one of the things I hate about them, i dont use it, but people I know who know nothing about computers install it and dont realise that it is evil adware! See they prey on the simple internet user!

I also have problems with some of their company policy but that is too long to write here... (i did a business degree and did some case study stuff on them and I didnt like some of the things that they do)

To put it bluntly they are an evil organisation and I try to steer clear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom