Conroe Reviews Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
john3 said:
I wonder how far ill be able to oc a e6600 on water cooling...hmm....u think i can hit liek 3.5Ghz? more? less?

Judging from how Anandtech for a E6600 to 4.0Ghz on high-end air cooling, I'd say 3.5Ghz is guaranteed if you get one of the first batches.

Sorry for being the annoying kid to ask this question, but as i'm in shelter most of the time [and busy vomitting while not... hearing bombs doesthat anyway]

I Lost track of the conroe release date, was it not supposed tobe released by now?....

-Jo.

The original release date was supposed to be July 27th. However, Anandtech is reporting that only the X6800 will be released on the 27th, the mainstream processors are going to be released on August 7th.

It does make a certain amount of sense, as they might be stocking up. Lower-end processors always sell more then the high-end anyways.

Sorry about the rockets, lol.

AntiKryptonite said:
The original release date was supposed to be July 27th. However, Anandtech is reporting that only the X6800 will be released on the 27th, the mainstream processors are going to be released on August 7th.

It does make a certain amount of sense, as they might be stocking up. Lower-end processors always sell more then the high-end anyways.

Sorry about the rockets, lol.

If the release date was one day later, I wouldn't be able to build a Conroe system. At least I can, if Newegg has it in stock on August 7th.... :eek:

Yeah, it's kinda hard to realize there's a war going on when it's halfway around the world. But when it's in your backyard, It gets a lot worse. :eek:

Did you know that the E6300 (1.83) and E6400 (2.13) aren't "Conroe" specifically? They're a cut-down Conroe with less cache. Called Allendale. So, a lot of the AMD market is getting beaten by what are esentially next-gen Celerons. That's like getting knifed in Counter Strike: A rather humiliating defeat.

And those lower models fail to show anything LESS impressive *** per benches for their speeds. (right where they should be in reference to the real conroes). And they definetly are amazing chips. I am soooo excited to get one. They OC extremely well and can easily beat out the fx-60-62s. 1000+ dollar chips

Heck yes. I'd guess that even the E6300 could go blow for blow with a 4400+, if not more, at stock. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom