Post Your Pretty Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the crappy thing.... i didnt really see any difference in access times. Only time i saw any difference really was just when installing programs. Stuff seemed to load about the same,, maybe just a tiny bit faster. Plus when you got 4 of those fast drives grinding away, they tend to get a bit loud, even with rubber drive silencers

i had scsi in the past, but i say i am much happier with sata raid since you dont share that same bus line for all hard drives, thats the problem with scsi and ide raid.

hey turbo i wanted to ask, how good are those SATA plextor burners? whats the diff between them and IDE?

Alright, today my sister declared the death of her low-end machine [not old but it was made just for word and office needs no gaming whatsoever].

So I took it to my room, opend it up[Too bad I didnt take pictures] IT LOOKED HORRIFYING!! TERRIBLE!! as if a winter of DUST took place in it, everything had a 2-5mm thick cover on it of compressed DUST!!.

Also the cables was all over the place, and the poor 1 80mm fan barley moved any air from the case because of all the cables.

So, I Took a deep breath and worked for 3-4 hours on the case to clean it up completley, add some ram I had lying around and re-wire the whole thing to at least help that poor little 80mm fan in there to do ANYTHING at all.

Here's the resaults: [i'll resize if its insanly big right now im lazy lol]

DSCF1770.jpg

Now you must be wondering, where's MOST of the wires? I've gotta hand it to my guru turboFX for making me see the importance of a Mobo Tray ;) :

DSCF1771.jpg

Hehe, throw your comments, dont forget this was done with NO equipment for cable wiring AT ALL and with a very small and restrictive case.

-Jo

meh you really could do better. sleeveing would be nice but then again its not worth it on that comp :p

I Used NO CABLE MANAGMENT EQUIPMENT, AT ALL..

No sleeving no zip ties no nothing, some electric tape and intution.

I Already mention this in the post above...

the point was to do the max with a very restrictive and small case, very short psu cables and again, no sleeving, no zip ties and barley any equipment at all.

So yeah I Asked, given the circumstances that there was used no special tool but my hand and some electrical tape, how does it look? I Thought it came out REALLY WELL lol.

-Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom