Where Are My Mp3's!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cake or death?

Solid State Member
ok this has happened twice to me, and its really anoying and frustrating.. i have all my mp3's in a folder arranged in folders regarding each band, all mi metallica mp3's in a folder named metallica and so on..

what happened is the mp3's in one of my folders dissapeared but i have all my songs on my music match library so i can still hear them but i cant actually see them on the folder, and if i go to the folder properties it says its empty and shows me 0 files are in it, and if i try to delete it it says it cant delete it because the folder is not empty...

before you guys start saying to turn on the "show hiden files" it doesnt work, sorry if this post is a little rude but im really frustrated by this.. maybe this has happened to someone else or someone know how to fix this

ty for reading this.... if someone actually reads it

i've tried pretty much everything cept hit my comp with a hammer.

searches,restarting my comp, i recently caught the winshow virus i wonder if that had to anything to do with it, but that doesnt explain why this has happened twice, it happened once and i re-installed windows and fortmated my HD's and it just happened again today..

its not really about the lost mp3's but i want to know if i can do anything to prevent this from happening again

lol yes please, i already tried show hiden files.. could spyware have done this?? or maybe my hd's have an error or something??...

MicroBell said:
Do a check disk and see if you get any bad clusters or errors.

Bad Clusters or Lost Chains.

The problem is that if you have lost your MP3 collection to LOST CHAINS, then the only what i have manage to get things back is by letting nortons do a scan disk again and again and again and again and again and again untill it stops recovering lost chains.

And the problem is that you will will loose your directory tree stucture in the process (or aleast big chunks of it)

Do you as MOBILE RACK to keep your hard drive in your system???

Make sure that you do NOT USE a slower ATA Caddy on a ATA100/133 Rack. That is how I have lost about 10 Gb of downloads to lost chains. I was able to recover about 9 Gb of it.

no. the first time it was "my shared folder" from kazaa never using that again, and this time i have like 20 folders inside my mp3 folder and it only that one, and i had dl those mp3 about 2 or 3 days ago, but i had like 20 or 25 songs in it, and when it happened to my shared folder last time it had aprox. like 3 or 4 hundred songs inthere all ramdom shit..

also i tried the disk check, it's not able to complete it so... i think im gonna try what silesia says tomorrow, though i dont hafe norton i have avg.. but this all seems a little to much work for 30 songs.. im gonna try anyway and see what happens and hopefully it wont happen again, keep posting though maybe someting else will pop out anyways i'll see what happens and i'll post back thanks :D

sounds like virus or trojan to me. that would explain why after formatting you still have the problem again. do a full system scan with norton NAV2004 or mcafee virusSCANNER. afterwards run adaware and spybot. if you can still play it in your media player that means its still there somewhere, intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom