Conroe Reviews Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
man AMD is gonna suck when Conroe comes out by the looks of that.

all i've been studying is AMD, is the only difference in a system is the mobo and processor ? will it use DDR2 memory ? looks like i need to learn about intel now.

DDR2-800 memory, and obviously different motherboards. The processor...why did you even ask that, lol.

Yes, AMD is going to suck compared to that when Conroe comes out.

Yea, Intel overclocking is especially different. I'm like you, learned everything about AMD, and now trying to learn about Intel. I'm still barely getting how to overclock an Intel processor (the processor part is easy, its the memory that throws you for a loop).

i only have 500MHZ right now at home so i aint even worried about OC'ing, at least not yet. i jut really want a good stable system. 939 still looked good and stable to me till i got into this conroe stuff today.

that graph is stock right ? before any OC'ing ?

Yes, that graph is at stock speeds.

But this might get you interested in overclocking;

A 1.86Ghz E6300 overclocked to 2.94Ghz (like a X6800 Conroe) without any voltage increases, and on air cooling.

Furthermore, a 2.4Ghz E6600 overclocked to 4.0Ghz, yes the big Four-Zero. Also on air cooling, though I'm not entirely sure about stock voltage.

Just for reference, a 4Ghz Conroe is twice as fast as the FX-60.

i dont even know that much about this stuff and i know that is awesome. now i know why i sensed fear when i read an article about AMD. they have to be stressing big time. even with price lowering they cant compete with those numbers.

AntiKryptonite said:
Yes, that graph is at stock speeds.

But this might get you interested in overclocking;

A 1.86Ghz E6300 overclocked to 2.94Ghz (like a X6800 Conroe) without any voltage increases, and on air cooling.

Furthermore, a 2.4Ghz E6600 overclocked to 4.0Ghz, yes the big Four-Zero. Also on air cooling, though I'm not entirely sure about stock voltage.

Just for reference, a 4Ghz Conroe is twice as fast as the FX-60.

but doesnt the e6300 only have half the cache... well that doesnt really matter to me.. it'll still go faster than an fx60.....

anyway.. ijust need to get away from single core.. weather it be just getting a new opteron or x2.. or moving over to conroe.. it doesnt matter, whichever ends up being cheaper (in the long run)

I wonder how far ill be able to oc a e6600 on water cooling...hmm....u think i can hit liek 3.5Ghz? more? less?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom