air circulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my case I have an intake at the bottom of the front and a exhaust in back. now my intake has the HD mount in front of it causing quite an obstruction. does that hamper my airflow or does the air just go around it??

The air goes around it, cooling your hard drive as it does (good thing
01.gif
).

A rear exhaust is good. It helps pull the hot air out of your case.

As was stated above, a blowhole is good as well. A blowhole is a fan and hole in the top of the case that pulls hot air out. Heat rises and gets trapped in the top of the case. The PSU pulls some of this out, but in doing so it doesn't get much cooling. A blowhole fixes this problem.

My case is a CoolerMaster Wave Master. It has the optional blowhole (in place of the top USB ports). Keeps my case cool, but I have to use a hub for USB attachments.

I have two Intakes on the front One Exhaust on the back and anothe exhaust on the top...it does me well

my rule is +1 exhaust then you got intake, so if you got 1 intake then you need 2 fans. You also want the exhausts fan as close as you can to each other and the same with intake. It doesn't matter if the intakes are in the front the intakes can be in the back if it is better, I mean if there is an AC vent back there so you get more cooler air.

The amount of dust that gets into your computer depends on the amount of dust in the room. I have my computer on the floor with a huge hole in the front where I knocked in the cheap drive bay covers, and I haven't dusted my computer in almost a year (and it is only now starting to build up a significant amount around the GPU fan).

As for my case fans I use: 1x intake (side), 1x exaust (rear), 1x PSU

Before i flip my psu upside down, the fan used to be facing up. It was sucking all the air in the heat bubble on top of the psu layer. Then after reading around, i decided to flip it upside down so the fan faced down. Thats because the four screw holes were upside down and i drilled new ones. After i flipped it to the "correct" position, the ambient temperature in the case has gone up. So im wondering should i filp it back

I have one intake one exhaust, and my temps are very high, I use the Thermaltake Tsunami Dream. I think my system just runs hot for some reason. It is annoying. I have under-voltaged the CPU, but it runs at over 50 degrees sometimes. (Orig:1.3V, down to 1.15V).

Charlie-

Thats interesting chazzer, depending on how warm it is outside mine sits between 39-42degrees when im just sat on msn and surfing the net etc, then when i game it goes up abit to something like 46-48 but never seen it get any higher so its all good.

man whats with that guys....

Im like at 29-32 when im surfing the internet and such but for gaming it never breaks 40..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom