Microphone Difficulties-- WinXP, AC'97 Integrated Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Succendo

Beta member
Hellooo,

I've been having problems using any mic in WinXP with my AC'97 integrated sound for some time now. I had a working setup, but reinstalled Windows due to a seperate problem and since then, haven't been able to get any mic to work. I bought a new mic today, to no luck. I'm pretty sure all my settings are correct (it's plugged in correctly, on, not muted, sound is up, etc. etc. etc.).

An interesting note: Using the mic in sound recorder will give an empty file. However, if I plug the audio jack into the mic port and then speak into the left earphone, it records teh sound properly (and farily clearly) in any mic I've tried.

I talked to tech support for Plantronics (my mic is a plantronics .audio90), and they said they suspected my sound card (AC'97 integrated into my motherboard, latest drivers et al) was set to "digital" and as such would not work with an analog mic. However, I have two problems with this; The audio output works fine on speakers or in the headphones, and as mentioned above it records when I speak into the earphone. Still, I suppose they might be correct.

Does anyone have any ideas? And, if yout hink it's the analog/digital issue, how would I chagne taht? I've been able to find no documentation on the subject.

Thanks!

What the **** is going on with my onboard sound card (Cmedia 9761A)?

Now i got the same problem like you do.

My microphone is working well in the other computer. With this freaking one, I need to yell very loud in order to record my sound (even I did not mute the sound and I checked the boost microphone +20db status.

Very frustrated now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom