HELP V. Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

detour31

Baseband Member
Ok Hes The Issue. i am running windows xp MCE Rollup 2 the problem is when ever i open any folder that has a file that is a vido my pc tries to install something call sonic mydvd. i have not installed this myself i dont even know what it is. it is not in ad remove programs but there is some thing called sonic encoders. (are these related) but it saya i can uninstall them (no uninstall button) it says this update cannot be uninstalled. i have searched sonic in the search my pc function as well and it has come up with lots of files in the folder common files in program files. i tried just deleting them but it comes as denied as the pc is using the files but im not :mad: help me im going mad :mad:

right click the media file, click open with, choose program, then choose another program to open it with, the put a check mark in the box below so it will always use the program you picked

sorry thats not what i mean it tries to install itself when ever i open a folder with a video in it but it says it cant find sonicmydvd.msi ithink or summint along them lines and my guess is that its a dll doing it but i cant dleete that dll because it is acess denied

Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT. This starts the Registry Editor. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Uninstall
\<Program Name>

<Program Name> here is Adobe Acrobat 5.0 - Taken as an example

In the right-pane, do the following:

Double-click NoRemove (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0
Double-click NoModify (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0

If NoRemove is set to 1, the Remove button will be unavailable
If NoModify is set to 1, the Change button will be unavailable

Visual aid for the Registry editing procedure:

Final result is you'll get the Change and Remove buttons back (Or, the Change/Remove button together)

there isnt sonic there but there is in just software can i just delete them if i do a system recovery point before would that be sufficiaant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom