To the oblivious Gigabyte mobo owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
So, when I got my Gigabyte GA-K8U-939 motherboard, I noticed the BIOS settings were a little... Basic. There weren't any memory options or anything like that. So I was regretfully assuming that this motherboard couldn't overclock for crap.

I read through the manual, and they didn't mention any way of getting to advanced settings, nor did the website... Only when I started reading though the Via-Arena forums, I discovered that advanced settings are locked and to unlock them, you have to press CTRL+F1 while in BIOS. I did so, and now I've got a whole bunch of settings to mess with (which will also help me with overclocking).

Just felt that this needed to get out to anyone who has a Gigabyte board and didn't know this. It sure helped me.

Hmm, maybe I will try this on next boot (although there seems to be plenty of options in the BIOS)

Alex81388 said:
They were in my manual

My manual is garbage... Here's a quote from it that made me laugh:
"Incorrect using these features make cause your system broken."

But yeah, there's two options there I'm not sure of:

M1689 Gated Clock
This field is used to enable or disable the gated clock.

PCI/14M/USB CLK PowerDown
This field is used to enable or disable the PCI/14M/USB clock
power down function.

I'm really hoping that gated clock has something to do with PCI, as I can't find a PCI lock on this mobo... Anyone know what these two options mean and what they do?

Ya, Um, I guess the Memo Didn't get to you, Gigabytes aren't that great for overclocking. They are more for reliability, If you wanted to Overclock why didn't you Buy a MSI or DFI?

:/

Because I don't have much money, and the Gigabyte K8U was the cheapest board I could find that had decent reviews.

I guess I can still overclock it 20% 'til I manage to buy a better overclocking board. I'm sure that won't raise the PCI frequency enough to damage anything.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!

On the back of my gigabyte mobo box it says it supports the CIA and MIB function.... but i failed to enable it until today when I saw this thread.. And it works!!!! I got all of these really nice and gangster settings..

Thank you WorldIndustries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom