X1800XT a good option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the x1800 series was released it didn't do too well due to poor drivers, but after a few months, drivers improved, and so did performance. the x1800xt was equivalent to the 7800gtx at that time.. and the 7900gt is equivalent to both.. in some cases one card pulls one way, in others, a different way.. so overall i'd say they're equal. so it all goes down to price. whatever is cheaper, i'd go for it.

x1800xl = 7800gt
x1800xt = 7800gtx/7900gt

if they aren't confused, then they aren't noobs. so its good that theyr'e confused......

Re-reading the original post. The X1800XT will be a nice jump from the 7600GT. You'll definitally benefit from it. Depending on what you do, the 7900GT will be good in some situations, but not all. What are you planning on doing with the your computer? If you game, what games mainly?

I am looking to have a system that will be able to run games like FEARdecently and UT2k7 when it comes out. ADmitidly I do play a fair amount of WoW, but that does not requite much more than RAM. ideally I woudl like a system that will last me about two years before really needing an upgrade if I could.

coo, most likely I will be matching it up with a single core 3800 and about a gig and a half of RAM so it shoudl fulfill my gaming needs for a while.

If you overclock the X2 3800+ to 2.4Ghz it'll be like having 2x A64 3800+.

You will benefit much more from dual cores. Even if you don't overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom