MOBO Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitsu

Baseband Member
This problem was never resolved, and I havent been on that computer for about 2 months now, because of what I believe to have been a MOBO crash.

I attempt to turn on the computer and the machine "stutters", and never does anything.... No message is being sent to the monitor, and no matter how long it sits there it will not do anything. The only thing that happens when I turn on the computer is a little light on the mobo blinks as if it's recieving a broken surge of power. The fan exhibits the same symptoms, and the case speaker produces a "clicking" sound in sync with the fans, fan led's, and the light on the mobo.

I'm thinking about replacing my mobo, because I believe that that is the piece that went wrong. Does replacing the mobo sound like it will fix the problem?

Both of the HD's work fine, I since have re-formatted both and saved all of the files that I wanted from them on a friends computer.

I thought of this, but I was almost certain that it was a MOBO problem. Do you think that I should replace the PS before the MOBO?

try unplugging the psu or if it has a button on the back turning it off for like 10 seconds and then turning it back on. then try turning on your computer.

before replacing the mobo u hav to test all the hardwares
(1)remove all the cables from mobo (hdd,floppy,LEDs)
(2)conect only mobo to SMPS
(3) switch on the smps
(4) check for display
if display is coming some cable problem identify it by one by one
if not
(1) remove the memory modules
(2) switch on the smps

if beeps are coming processor and mobo ok

if not there must be a processor or mobo problem(speaker should be working)

try refixing processor and cleaning the mobo

if not u hav to replace the mobo

SMPS means switch mode power supply.the technical term for the power supply used in computer

vimal said:
before replacing the mobo u hav to test all the hardwares
(1)remove all the cables from mobo (hdd,floppy,LEDs)
(2)conect only mobo to SMPS
(3) switch on the smps
(4) check for display
if display is coming some cable problem identify it by one by one
if not
(1) remove the memory modules
(2) switch on the smps

if beeps are coming processor and mobo ok

if not there must be a processor or mobo problem(speaker should be working)

try refixing processor and cleaning the mobo

if not u hav to replace the mobo

Can someone please restate the steps to check if its the power supply or something else wrong.... I cant really understand these steps... I'm sort of a noob at comp. Hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom