monarch computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
Just a little FYI for those of you who are considering buying a prebuilt from monarch...

As those of you who helped me know, I recently placed an order for a computer from monarch. I was told that they were a really good choice for someone looking for a prebuilt system. I hope that this turns out to be the case...

My experience with them so far, however, has not been very good. First of all, on their website they tell you that custom computers usually take 10-15 days to ship. What they don't tell you is that this time starts after they look over your order for compatibility, etc. which, in my case, took well over a week alone. And even with all of that, they didn't do a very good job checking the order over in those ten days. They missed the one and only problem with my order. I accidentally selected an OEM CPU and no heat sink /fan... thats the type of thing that I would hope they'd catch before building my computer... it kind of makes me wonder about who exactly is checking this stuff... Anyway, on stage two of the order process (locating all of the parts), I asked exactly when I could expect to receive my computer and they informed me that it should ship by sometime in the last week of July ( 4+ weeks after I ordered it). This was, however, before I told them what i noticed about the lack of a heat sink. Currently my order is on hold, as it has been for four days while they wait for their credit department to release the order change...

I emailed them two days ago asking whether the order would start over at the beginning of the process or pick up where it left off... still no response... at this rate, unless they upgrade my shipping (ground), I'll be lucky to get my computer by the time I leave for school, the second week in august... And here I was thinking I was being safe by ordering my computer in June...

will do, didnt know about that... i just figured that i might as well put it here because a lot of people comw here asking about different companies to buy from, and in my experience, even with searching there isnt much in here in terms of personal experiences

did you ever wonder why everybody buys from newegg?

also how does it feel to know you just wasted a couple hundred dollars buying a prebuilt when you could have built it yourself lol

Don't bag on the guy too much massacre.. he's just tryin to let people know what they're in for.

A friend of mine's dad who is a programmer was thinking about maxing out his next computer and buying from monarch (he doesn't want to risk messing stuff up on his own). I'll have to tell him about your experience..

nah dont worry about it. i knew that prebuilts cost more than building yourself. i went with a prebuilt because i wanted the warranty and i didnt want to have to mess around with a part that malfunctioned and have to deal with a manufacturer. It cost 225 more than just the newegg parts, and 150 of that was for the 3 year warranty. I bought all of the peripherals from newegg... they were great

I know this is kind of an old thread now, but i should update the whole buying experience.

I got the computer a few days ago, and it works great. They sent me an apology and said that they were running a bit behind schedule because of a huge number of orders, and they upped my shipping to fedex 2day no charge. I ordered the computer on june 29 and recieved it on july 28, so afterall, they did turn out to be on time (since they said 10-15 buisness days and i payed for ground shipping) So all in all the experience was much better than i thought it would be at the start of everything, especially considering that i didnt even complain to them, they did all that on their own... The only complaint i have is thatthey missed the whole no heatsink thing at first. I would buy from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom