3700 or 3800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
Which woudl be w better option in your opinion? the AMD 3700 at 2.2 with a 1MB L2 or a 3800 at 2.4 but only a 512 L2? (I know, I ask too many questions, lol)

EDIT: I plan on using this computer for gaming.

yeah, i dont see muhc of a reason to go dual core at this point in time/ Maybe in teh future, but for right now a isngle core will be just fine for my needs. OCing the 3700 does seem like a better option, it is hard to turn down that cache. Only wish I could get a slightly more affordable motherboard with an ATI chipset for it but will most liley land up with a DFI for around 209.

I take that last comment back, i see an ECS mobo for a decent price on newegg, only 1 PCIe x16, but that is all i really need.

nitestick said:
the 3700+ should be a bit cheaper and if you are interested in overclocking should give you higher performance overall. the 3800+ is not dual core as he said it is 2.4ghz, therefore it is the venice 3800+ not the 2.0ghz manchester x2 3800+

Oh haha thats right how did I miss that...

*smacks head.

The 3700+ is $67 more than the 3800+

san diego core versus the venice core - 1mb L2 cache versus 512kb L2 cache, respectively.

ya for some reason AMD hasn't cut the prices on their san diego cores.. i'd just go for the venice 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom