POST sequence not displayed by windows laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

I have got a sony laptop which does not show the POST sequence, is it the case with all other laptops that they dont show the post sequence and they jump to displaying company (in this case sony logo) and then go onto displaying the windows logo.

this way i dont get to see if the processor type, the memories, the hard drive details

even my handheld which runs windows mobile does the same.

My Acer notebook and IBM Thinkpad also do not show the POST sequence. But all my desktops do.

The Acer one (which is still new) still shows the Acer logo but the IBM one does not. But I think the IBM logo was there earlier. Can't remember now. It probably had disappeared cos I had messed with either the BIOS or the hard drive.

in my case it shows the sony logo, so is it possible with all makes of phones to show the POST Sequence?

Phones? where did they come in?

there shoudl be an option in your bios like show full screen logo or show test results ro something to one of those tunes. enable/disable it as needed..

if your not sure, let us know the exact wording of the option and we can help you out. Dont want you to totally mess up your BIOS do we?

thanks for the replies

by that token i can turn of the POST sequence on my desktop too, correct?

POST will happen no matter what, its encoded in the BIOS, Power On Self Test. If there is a problem than its going to tell you before you encounter it later on (generally)..

All BIOS's do it, (as far as I know) and if your referring to changing the scheme from the visual to the message, than your desktop SHOULD do it. It depends on the BIOS opions if it will allow you to chose between the graphic and the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom