How Old Were U When U Built Your First Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't build a computer until this last month.

I've been taking apart electronic devices as early as i can remember. A popular thing for me was to take apart toasters and stereos when i was 7 all the way up until i was in my teens. When i was about 10 i took apart my first tv. When i was about 12 i took apart my first vcr. After i started jamming it evolved into taking apart guitar amplifiers and effects processors and mismatching parts to get desired effects. I'm always taking things apart though. Sometimes to fix them, sometimes just to see what's inside and how it works, though mostly today all i mess around with are vehicles and computers.

My earliest memory of taking something apart was an old circa 1977 space invaders game. I was 5. I fixed the buttons that were sticking and while i was at it, i browsed around at the circuitboard and stuff. That poor old game lasted for a long time too. I wonder whatever happened to it?

I have been helping people choosing parts, building PC's, finding faulty parts, and all sorts of stuff on this site, but ive never built a PC from scratch myself!
I have been working for like 2-3 months at McDonalds so when I finally get the money (like roughly $2500 Aussie) I will build one

but ive been pulling apart like heaps of electrical items (like try-hard game boy thingies)

I have never actually "built" a PC but I have upgraded MANY parts including video card (who hasent upgraded this?), RAM, processor, and so on.

As of now I am 14, and turning 15 in 3-4 months, so I guess I am a little late as for actually building my own PC. :p

Since I am such a PC freak and love studying PC components, though, that would definetely be an exciting experience for me.....

I believe the main reason I have never built my own, though, is both money reasons and the doubt of my parents that I could actually do this on my own.

Is it very hard to build one from scratch? If not, I will probably attempt this someday! Sounds like fun! :)

I would help my father when he was working at home in the evenings and must have been maybe 10 at the oldest. Those computers didn't have much in common with the ones you see now.

My routine is:

7:00 - get up

7:30 - School

2:30 - Home [or football or basketball or track]

2:30 - 6:00 - Comp/Dirt bike/Sports listed above

6:00 - Dinner

6:30 - GF's house/GF's at my house (^_^)/dirt bike/comp

8:00 - comp/tv

+-11:00 - bed

I was 21 when I build "My" first computer but I had been building computers in my class at the college for a couple months before that. At that point, I had really only been messing with the hardware side of things for that short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom