monitor has yellow tint to it, arghhhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezzelrock

Beta member
hey guys, really hope somone can help on this one!

i have a 17" Samtron 76e crt monitor. The whole screen is now appearing with a yellowish tint to it. It's driving me mad! It's impossible to know what the real colours are that i'm looking at.
i have checked the connections for bent/missing pins, they are fine.

When this problem happened before i errmmmm...hit my monitor, which made the colour return to normal!! It stayed normal for a few months. However the yellowness has now returned and hitting it has stopped working!

please can someone give a suggestion!!!
thank;)

My old crt was doing that, hitting would fix the problem for a little while but after a bit of time it just retained its yellow. Now it has off colored spots all over it and the colors everywhere else are just off. I solved the problem by buying a new lcd.

Yeah, usually this means the cable is bad, try adjusting it while it's plugged in. If that doesn't work then I'd say the thing's hosed and to buy a new one.

Yeah, I second that. It has happened to me twice with two seperate monitors, and both times it has been the cable. Try messing around with the cable where it enters the casing of the monitor, if all of the pins are there.

Mine turns pink, if I hit it on the side it turns normal. That's why I bought a new monitor; still gotta pick it up though.

massacreinfallx said:
anyways heres what you do. take a magnet and stick it on there. :)

You should suffer for saying things like that to inncocent people who dont know better...

Mine turns blue when it comes loose.....weird...major has pink, this dude has yellow.......:freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom