New build PC HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Hey,

Just finished my first ever pc build, and powered the pc up. There was some loud fan noises so I immedeatly turned it off via the socket.

A while later I turned it back on and the noises were gone, and the monitor came up with 'Winfast, press tab to enter setup' etc etc. Then it went into one of those screens which gives a summary of your PC.

Then it went into a screen which says 'start windows normally' 'safe mode' etc etc. I pressed start normally, then it went back into the winfast screen, then the summary screen, then back to the screen where I had to make my choice.
Any ideas ?

Ok so do I basically:

Put in system recovery disk, wipe out everything, then pop in the windows XP disk when it reboots?

im not sure cause i havnt done it before
but before wiping everything try (DONT HOLD ME to this) turning of the computer after putting the disk in and then rewstarting it
let it boot from the CD and then tell it to repair

wen it starts up (its starts the bios normally right?) try tapping F8 and it should give u a boot menu in most bioses, then choose boot from disk

Got it. Ok it says press R to repiar, pressed that. Then it says choose which windows to log into.. Help:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom