PSU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknikull

In Runtime
I need a new PSU but my comp is so old no PSU will fit. what im goint to attpempt is to plug it all in then set the PSU somwhere like on top of the case. is this a wise move? I ABSOLUTLY NEED THIS AND WILL ATTEMPT IT! will it overheat too bad and fry? help plz

as long as you set the PSU so that the fans are facing up and there is enough room to do it, then why not... it's the same as screwing it into the case... without the case... :)

If its a prebuilt then It might not work Especially if its A dell, Many Prebuilt companies make the Motherboards and Usally the PSU Proprietary, so make sure that you don't need a special Power supply before you Buy.

Edit: Ok its obviously Proprietary, I warn you because the 20 Pin connectors may not be the same on the Power supply, so, It May not work, May fry Power supply, Or May fry Motherboard or both.

And if its An AT power supply, then GL!.

wut does that mean? if i get a different PSU it wont work? i have a 24-pin mobo and itll work..unless its "proprietary". if it is then how can i get an upgrade on my "proprietary" PSU

I had a Dell, and my friend gave me a Rosewill PSU and it wouldn't fit into my Dell since it had a power switch and my Dell only had a hole to plug the power cable into the back. I just put some tape over the switch, while I had it switched to on and I screwed it into my case. It works perfect with out a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom