Conroe - DELAYED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh john knows that only becuase I told him :D

Personally I think any one who gets there hands on a E6600 the first 2 days that they come out should deserve a medal or a ribbion.

Those things are gonna sell like hot cakes:amazed:

Dwarf you better have SLI'd 7950s to get your monies worth.... 1400 bucks? yeeeeeks. I think these cpus raise a concept recently dismissed on this forum...

FUTURE PROOF. When you are so drastically gpu limited with even 7900gts, you have a ton of overclocking and unused clockspeed that will eventually be utilized within the next few months. I say go with the cheapest conroe and overclock it. with the $$$$ you save, you could buy a SWEEEET SLI system and still not even come close to being Cpu limited. TRUUUUST ME. check the benchmarks.

yeah, I've been thinking on the 7950's, still waiting for a decent watercooling solution for it, and decent driver support.

BennyV04988 said:
Check out the reviews. the cache doesn't make more than 3% difference.

The cache makes up to 10% difference. The average difference was only 3.5% though. http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=4

BennyV04988 said:
Dwarf you better have SLI'd 7950s to get your monies worth.... 1400 bucks? yeeeeeks. I think these cpus raise a concept recently dismissed on this forum...

FUTURE PROOF. When you are so drastically gpu limited with even 7900gts, you have a ton of overclocking and unused clockspeed that will eventually be utilized within the next few months. I say go with the cheapest conroe and overclock it. with the $$$$ you save, you could buy a SWEEEET SLI system and still not even come close to being Cpu limited. TRUUUUST ME. check the benchmarks.

The extremely nice thing about the X6800 is the multipliers are unlocked. Excellent for overclocking. :) ...But not worth a grand for.

BTW, the price that was on NewEgg is false. I think them taking it off their website should prove my point even more. It will cost ~$999 upon its release. Newegg is a few weeks early. Release date is on the 27th.

dwarf said:
yeah, I've been thinking on the 7950's, still waiting for a decent watercooling solution for it, and decent driver support.

Haha, wow, someone is willing to go above and beyond for an incredible computer system. If you are considering the 7950s, don't bother, wait for nVidia to release the G80 cards in Septerber and ATI to follow suit with the R600 cards in November. Then, pick up the more powerful one and pair it with your X6800 (hopefully OCed :eek: ), and you will have an insane computer. :D

more like 2.7 or so, I've already built 165 / 7900GTX sli rig for 4k, I'll be harvesting some parts from that, buying some other spares, and giving the bulk of my current rig to a friend.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there still hasn't been a definitive release date for G80, has there?

it will be awesome if i can get my hands on a e6600, then ill have an amd system and an intel system. wats the highest oc for a 6600 so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom