power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
one other thing.. how do i find a PSU that will fit my machine?
and to those who said they arent sure if it is the power supply.. what else could it be?

i'm not sure what this "power save mode" thing is...

1) does your computer turn on? do all the fans go on? does hte fan on the video card go on? do you hear the beep(s)?

2) are you sure the power save mode doesn't have something to do with your monitor? try re-plugging it in. do you have integrated video? try plugging your monitor into the integrated video, go into bios, and disable it.. then replug it back into the 6600gt.

Computer turns on and starts running... screen just stays black. No beeps. I dont think the power save mode is to do with the monitor as when i put my fx5200 in it works perfectly. Not actually sure if i have integrated video.

Don't know what to tell you other than open up the case and look at the PSU... if it says microATX power supply then you have to find one that size as well... if it say ATX then just about anyone would do... PROVIDING you find one with at least 15-20A on the +12 volt rail. you will see that when you look at the side of the PSU (look for +12 and it'll tell you what that is rated to) PM if you need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom