Building a gaming comp, confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I believe that resetting the CMOS battery did it for real. The mobo is not fried, only some extra USB lines.

Anyways, I worked up the courage to remove the singed cords and turned it on, and it works fine. I'm actually installing Windows as I type right behind me.

Thanks guys, if I have any screw ups with Windows in the near future I'll come back here.

Kinda thought that after thinking about it for a second... I've done that more than once... that's why I keep a couple of spare crap drives just so I can test out the USB when it's all done...

Ok, I said I'd come back if I needed more help, and I do.

In Windows, I went to install the video drivers on the disc that came with my video card, and it says that it isn't a valid Win32 application. I know the drive isn't faulty, it installed Windows fine.

Try downloading the driver off the website. Just go to the Nvidia Website and look around Downloads.

They do a "One size fits all" driver, so no need to worry.

You would have to had to do this anyway since the drivers on the disk are most likly out of date.

It's ok, I had to reinstall Windows anyway (incorrect directions).

Now my CD drive doesn't even show up as having anything inside in Windows, but I can hear it spinning.

I went to go set up a network with the other computers (The main one, the one I'm typing on, and a laptop) and I got the main computer's name, description, and workgroup name, but Windows claims my workgroup name is using illegal charecters.

What?

I remove any letter, it works. I add a letter, it works. I make a fake one with the same number of charecters as the real name, it works.

What is going on?

EDIT: I tried the the wire connecting this PC I'm on to the new one, and my network still doesn't work. Also, I made the discovery this computer and the main one are in different work groups so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

EDIT2: With the DVD drive on CS and in the Master Primary IDE, it doesn't seem to want to read any CDs.

Make sure the data cable is connected to the cd rom. Re-setup your network on both computers, sometimes things get glitchy. If that dosn't work let us know.

::-Chase-::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom