Conroe Reviews Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the fact still stands that conroe is an extremely powerful chip. the benchmarkers did not contradict that, they only said that there is barely any noticable real world difference in gaming. the fact that the superpi world record is now under 10 seconds tells us just how much potential there is for other applications

hence why I don't see why so many people here are upgrading AMD64s as most of them are gamers and games are probably the least CPU dependant sort of load you can put on a PC...a northwood or a barton would still be able to max out most games with the appropriate video card

still interested in seeing how these overclock and I would be much more concerned about finding a decent board at this point as there really isn't any question anymore that the C2s are the most functional cores for their pricetags

and once again, there is no such thing as a freaking GPU bottleneck. I don't know how to make it clear, the CPU is only responsible for compiling information such as how certain enemies attack or how the environment reacts which literally has nothing to do with framerate, the GPU is responsible for collecting all the information the CPU sends it and drawing the appropriate picture as quickly as possible

yeah I saw, but most review sites aren't reliable for overclocking IMO as I don't think they give the chip a nice chance to burn in nor do they really push the limits and try and determine the absolute max capabilities of the core

obviously these things are already hitting as high as 4GHz so I guess there's no reason for anyone to complain

I've pretty much gathered up info on Conroe's release. They will be released on the 27th of this month. Anandtech says that the 27th will be only the Extreme, and the Duo's will be here on August 4th. However, they are the only ones saying that. Today just marked the day that the press could release any information they had about Conroe.

gaara said:
yeah I saw, but most review sites aren't reliable for overclocking IMO as I don't think they give the chip a nice chance to burn in nor do they really push the limits and try and determine the absolute max capabilities of the core

Not to mention there is a shortage of C2D boards out.

Yoad said:
sh|t thats bad...........

The x6800 has been overpriced by 35%, I was hoping for it to not be overpriced by more than 15-20%...... if the E6600 is overpriced by this much ----im screwed =\

-Jo.

Yeah, I am looking to buy the E6600, but at least, I am building in January...:beard:

gaara said:

and once again, there is no such thing as a freaking GPU bottleneck.

WTF are you talkin about? Did you read what you typed???
When the video card can't handle the game...no amount of CPU power will help...the fps flatline at the feet of the gpu, being bottlenecked by th GPU. :rolleyes:

Its not a matter of what does what etc...its pure results!

a lower clock yields low fps.
a lower gpu yields low fps.

when either surpases the flow of the other....you get bottlenecking, or potential power of the other component being limited due to the two part relationship.

BennyV04988 said:
When the video card can't handle the game...no amount of CPU power will help...the fps flatline at the feet of the gpu, being bottlenecked by th GPU. :rolleyes:

Its not a matter of what does what etc...its pure results!

a lower clock yields low fps.
a lower gpu yields low fps.

when either surpases the flow of the other....you get bottlenecking, or potential power of the other component being limited due to the two part relationship.

he was just saying that the cpu doesnt bottleneck game performance.. that its the gpu doing it all..

pretty much summed up, gpu is all your fps... only thing cpu is doing is sending it the movements and such... sooooo just read harder

wtf?!?! that was weird.. thats not what i quoted?!?!?!?! i guess you added some stuff and i just clicked when you changed it.

anyway.. i just noticed one of those new things.. two part relationship.... the only thing the cpu is sending off is calculations to the **** gpu... and a craptacular cpu like a sempron could handle it well enough... so a sempron to an fx57.. that'll give you like a whopping 2 fps increase.. so freaking what! cpu's just arent what you really need in a game

When the video card can't handle the game...no amount of CPU power will help...the fps flatline at the feet of the gpu, being bottlenecked by th GPU.
Of Nubius was here, he would have a mile long explination of how there is no bottlenecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom