graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
these cannot go crossfire... it uses an AGP slot, which no mobo that I know has 2 slots. you would have to get PCIE to run dual cards.

ok thanks can you recomend me a cheapish card whick will eiher dual up and will play battlefield 2 and halflife etc

well basically i have a dell dimension 3000 and i am looking to upgrade the motherboard and basically turn it into a gaming computer so if you can recomend me a motherboard aswell

if you want to do all that then I would recommend a whole new core and take the pariphs (hard drive, optical, floppy, etc...) out of the dell. it'll be a lot more up-to-date, and easier on the headache, when trying to upgrade a dell mobo. (next to impossible sometimes!) also from the looks of it your dell 3k doesn't have an AGP slot anyway...

Figure out what all you do/want out of a system (besides games) and go from there. you would bacisally need: mobo/cpu/PSU/video card. possibly RAM if it isn't compatible with the new specs to what you have now.

the thing is i dont have enough money so i was looking to just get a motherborad and graphics card for now then getting other bits later. if this will work what can you recomend

your going to run into a mess of problems with Dell products, due to the mobo you have and the installed OS... the drivers and such will nto be compatible with a new board. Best suggestion is to save your money and get a whole new system. what your suggesting can be done, but it'll take more resources than you might have. Do you have a windos OS disk or is it on the hard drive? (pre-install when you got the dell?)

what exactly would i need to just 'upgrade' without running into problems.

of yeah i only really use it for games, music, msn messenger and surfing the web!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom