Really low 3dmark scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsp2man

Baseband Member
I am running an evga ti-4200(64mb) and recieve very poor results in 3d mark03. At default settings, I get 871 3D marks, in 3dmark01, i recieve 5056 3D marks... These are both running no aa and no af and with the latest 56.72 detonator drivers. Any ideas on why I could be getting such low scores? Any help would be greatly apreciated! Here are my system specs:

QDI Platinix 8-a
P4 2.4b ghz
512mb ram
Audigy 2 platinum ZS
Enermax 350W PSU
EVGA Ti-4200(64mb)
60gb Western Digital Caviar *8mb*
Three 80mm fans

3dMark looks at more than just your video card, it also looks at processor speed, ram etc.

You can inexpensively boost your benchmark by increasing your RAM another 512Mb. With prices so low, you can greatly increase the speed and performance feel of your machine.

The Ti4200 does not pack a lot of punch at 128MB, let alone 64Mb.

Your best bet is to upgrade your video card. Prices on those have also dropped significantly in the past few months, so a decent to good 128Mb card will run you about $150-170

Good luck.

BTW, I recommend Newegg.com if you're looking at a hardware change.

get fast ram too, PC2700 is the minimum you should have for good results, and see if you can overclock your ti4200 using coolbits.

Restart your machine to ensure windows cache is cleared.

Close down any task apps that are running and kill any unneeded processes. Turn off your virus scan and anything that might kick on while 3d is running. Also kill your windows screen saver if you have one set on.

Fire it up and test your machine.

BTW, what kind of problems are you having?

anytime i try to run it instead of runing it tries to reinstall again. ive installed it but no matter what i do whenever i go to run it it goes straight to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom