how to organise my music

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
In my music of my windows XP some of the songs has realone icon and some has windowmedia player icon, some also have nero media player icons,

How can I make all songs to be played with only one player? either real or window media player?

download win-amp thatwill change all the audio files to their icon and if you get the old version (2) it wont be such a resouce hog, and it is easier to use.

i have the old player and it runs in the backround flawlessly
it takes like 1 Kb of RAM :)

you could right click on the file

goto properties

on the general tab hit change

then click on whatever media player you want it to open with

click ok

click apply

click ok

Start Media Player ..Goto the tools menu

Media_Player.jpg

Clcik Select all ... All ur media will now play in media player

Yeah but i agree, inatll Winamp.... It works the bst... Media Player is a hog with resources... so much more installed with it then you need....

I am using Winamp Version3, right now infact.. :)

and have nevr had a problem with it on either XP or Win2000

As for the separate icons, each of your media files have different extenions... .MP3, and .WMV will be the main two.

you probably have a few other in there maybe... MPG, AVI, MOV, RM those have different programs that open them, but you can set windows media player to open all of tose also, EXCEPT the RM, and the MOV.

Just a side note on those.

the easiest way to get all your mp3s to play on the same palyer is to install winamp :D

but the screen shot that preet2u posted is a pretty easy way to do it too...

but i lean towards winamp

subdivizion said:
or get QCD from www.qcd.com . a very nice alternative to WinAmp

huh that link brings you here

Horton Enterprises, Inc.

Internet Consulting
Fiber Optic Security
Solaris Administration

Contact us at: P.O. Box ***
Shreveport, LA 7***
1-***-7*8-2*5*
1-***-4*7-2*5* Driskill B. Horton, Jr. President

BTW
"Office Space" is the best movie ever made!
:p

i use foobar, its more for the audiophile type person. it has a very basic look to it but talk about options. its all i use now and supports every format i use and u can convert with it and everything, check it out http://www.foobar2000.org/download.html i suggest the special version as it has every option included with the installer for u to pick from and is very resource friendly, mine is currently using 3.5 megs of ram and 0-1% cpu time, here is a list of the formats it supports
* MPEG-4 AAC
* MP3
* MP2
* Musepack
* Ogg Vorbis
* WAV
* AIFF
* VOC
* AU
* SND
* CDDA
* FLAC