Windows XP Installation Help plzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwin444

Solid State Member
I have recently purchased Intel chipset D915 GAVL motherboard aloong with 3.0 ghz 2 mb cache processor , and besides this i,m using 80 gb h.disk and 512 400 bus DDR. My problem is whenever i try to install windows xp after completing half of the installing it gives me error that installer is unable to install the driver for disk drives sometime it givs tht installer is unable to install the hardware for system , sometime it shows blue screen with some numbers on it can anyone tell me wht is the problem.. I checked all my parts seperately in other pc and all of them r working fine......

Is the copy of xp a legit copy or is it a burn copy ?

try powering down the pc, unplug, then clear the cmos, clean the bottom of the cd and try again.

is the HD PATA or SATA ( prallel ATA or serial ATA ) or doest he hd have a flat gray cable or a thin cable for the interface ?

the copy of xp is the burnt one ok i finally got through the problem i changed my pata h.disk with another pata one and its working fine now but now all i want to know is tht i heared only sata h,disk works fine with d915 and other latest boards is this true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom