Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
Ok, I will have some money coming my way since pay day is tommarow. I am only 15 and this is my first pay check and I am hoping to treat myself to be able to buy some computer upgrades. I am looking into a new monitor. I want it to be 19" widescreen and around 100-225 shipped. Now I need help on what I should look for when I buy a monitor. LCD mostly. I know that the response time should be under 8ms or that causes ghosting. I do need to know about the dot pitch the contrast ratio and all that other stuff. Thanks alot.

dot pitch is how small the pixil size of course the lower the better, contrast ratio is the how white it can produce under full black and higher is better but the number that they give you might be different with others because different company test them differently.

for dot pitch get the one as low as you can for me that's the biggest thing and for contrast ratio, if i were you i woundn't worry about that much for it. and there's no "standard" that people should go for. just find one that suits you.

ok or maybe instead you all can gimme a good recomendation for a widescreen monitor between 100 - 225? sorry to be kinda sounding like a noob but I don't know a darn thing about monitors. I am in the US BTW.

i don't use lcd monitor that i am still using crt's and i am fine with it, the reason i don't have a recommendation for you is that first and of course i don't have one so i don't know wich one is good and i don't want to give you one that i don't even know of and you'll stuck with it. so we'll just have to let someone answer that question.

ok so trotter I am taking that is a good brand? I also wonder what are the chances of getting ANY dead pixels? is there any way around of getting one that has 1 and then returning it even if it is less then the manufacturers warrenty? I heard that some people take an ultra fine sharpie and create little dots to the amount needed to get a return, is this possible?

warranty is all depend on the manufacturer's policy i've heard that you have to have a certain amount of dead pixil in order for you to reture it and under warrenty. so you'll have to look into that computer to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom