Just bought a new computer Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok yea see thats wat I was aiming for Im not much of a gamer. I play some games nothing too serious though. Im mostly all about multitasking tons of programs, Moviesm music ect. Half life is a good game though. would I be able to play it at a good rate? If I were to upgrade my card to a 512 ATI 1900 would that help its gaming side?

Yes it would but I don't think for the money that that card is the best way to go, do you know if you use pci-e or agp? can I have a link to the exact card you are looking at so I know your price rance, and can I also add 512 on board ram really isn't need IMHO some say it is but at the same most games out now won't really utilize all on board ram. it can play the original half life perfect. As for half life 2 it can play it at a good framerate just really really bad quality (meaning lowest settings and lowest resolution)

The graphics card just isn't that fast of a GPU. I think it might be one of those shared memory deals, too. Not certain, though.

no i ment the graphics card you are directly looking at to replace the x300. you said the 1900 right? I was wondering what EXACT card though.

i am just curious as to why you came to ask whether or not it is good after you have already bought it. i agree that it would make quite a decent video editing machine but the pentium D series are not renowned for being the best gaming processors, at least not compared to their AMD counterparts. the X300 is a very weak graphics card and will not get you very far in most games.

nitestick said:
the X300 is a very weak graphics card and will not get you very far in most games.
I have the same exact vid card, it wont get you good quality but as long as you play most games on the lowest res and the lowest settings you should get aroun 20 fps. I'm also running an 3200+ venice and that might make a diference though.

The x300 just isn't very powerful, though. An x800 or x1600 would make a great upgrade later on, as would a now-cheap 7600GT.

nitestick said:
i am just curious as to why you came to ask whether or not it is good after you have already bought it. i agree that it would make quite a decent video editing machine but the pentium D series are not renowned for being the best gaming processors, at least not compared to their AMD counterparts. the X300 is a very weak graphics card and will not get you very far in most games.

lol. I just like to hear other people opinions. I mainly bought this pc for work and school use. Like I said earlier the gaming part is only a one time thing nothing hardcore. Also Is this considered a High Performance pc to most? Ive always been a computer fanatic and building my pcs and software ect.

Also why is everything about gaming? Almost every reply has to do with gaming. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom