7900gt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7950GX2 is better, buuutt its a beast in terms of heat output and Power consumption, and its mainly made for Quad SLI.

I say go in between the sandwich and get a 7900GTX.

Better yet, a Radeon X1900XT :D

In terms of Brands stick with eVGA, MSI, Leadtek, and XFX.

Stay away from Jaton and PNY and such....

But if your going to go with the X1900XT Stick with Sapphire, HIS, and ATI it self.

their performance would be similar, im thinking. but i would go with the single gtx. im not for sure but i think the single card will have better performance then two cards in sli.

Can you wait like 2 months for the g80 series by Nvidia since your willing to blow big bucks on a video card? Just get a 7900gt to keep you happy for a couple months and then blow big bucks on a high end card.

Actualy, the 7950GX2 is in one slot. It would be your best in terms of performance. If you dont care about heat or power consumption then i would get a 7950GX2 or 2 X1900XTXs in Crossfire.

In terms of 3dmark, the 7950 does better. But cooling is kind of a problem with them, so its your choice.

so im getting the overall feeling here of, its a 50/50, but the single card would be better?

What between, 7900GT in SLI vs an x1900XT ?

It would be a better solution. I mean new cards with better support is coming and blowing 600 bucks on something that is going to be a waste in 2 months is no good. Get a 7900gt for now and in a couple months get a 8800gtx since your willing to blow money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom