help with motherboard/processor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

4DConsumer

Baseband Member
Hi. I'm looking to purchase a new video card and I'm wanting to know if there is a way to upgrade from PCI to AGP expansion slots without buying a whole new setup. All of the good video cards seem to be AGP.
Do I need a whole new motherboard, a new processor? Both?
I dont really know alot about computers, I mostly use them for gaming so any help/product suggestions would be mucho appreciated. My current setup is this:

Intel Celeron 2.30 ghz processor
1 gb ram
ATI Radeon 9250 (pci) video card

all the good video cards are pci-express.

you might get away with just getting a new motherboard (although i don't recommend it.. i would just start new). what socket is your current motherboard? get cpu-z to find out if you don't know.

in that case you might need a converter, but i haven't heard anything about pci to agp converter or vice versa, but i've heard there's pci to agp converter. besides pci is old now need to upgrade.

the yellow one said:
in that case you might need a converter, but i haven't heard anything about pci to agp converter or vice versa, but i've heard there's pci to agp converter. besides pci is old now need to upgrade.

Do you mean that you HAVE heard of a pci to pci-express converter?

aliasaid said:
all the good video cards are pci-express.

you might get away with just getting a new motherboard (although i don't recommend it.. i would just start new). what socket is your current motherboard? get cpu-z to find out if you don't know.

It's 478.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom