Random Crashing result system not recognizing HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcee76

Baseband Member
Before I start I'll give the HW and SW specs:

Here are my hardware SPECS:

Mobo
MSI K8N NEO4-F nVIDIA nFORCE4 CHIPSET SERIAL ATA150 ATX FORM FACTOR 1xPCI-E(X16)/1xPCI-E(X4)/1xPCI-E(X1)/4xPCI/4xDDR W/SATA RAID,LAN(Gb),USB 2.0 & AUDIO (CPU TYPE:AMD ATHLON 64 - SOCKET 939)

Memory
CORSAIR VALUE SELECT VS1GBKIT400 1GB KIT (512MB x 2) PC3200 400MHZ CL2.5 184-PIN DDR DIMM

PCI
LEADTEK TV TUNER CARD TV-2000XP EXPERT (10BIT)

ROM-Drive
NEC ND-3540A BLACK 16X/16 DVD DUAL DOUBLE LAYER REWRITABLE DRIVE W/SW (White box)

CPU
AMD ATHLON 64 3500+ W/512KB CACHE 90NM (VENICE) 64-BIT SOCKET 939 RETAIL

GPU
eVGA GF6800GT 256MB PCI EXPRESS DDR3 W/TV&DVI #256-P2-N376 (Retail)

PSU
THERMALTAKE W0044 RUC SILENT PUREPOWER SERIES TWV (TOTAL WATTS VIEWER) 480W (BLACK) ATX 12V UL & FCC POWER SUPPLY FOR ATX

HD
SEAGATE 200GB ST3200826AS SATA-150 7200RPM 8MB (Bare drive) *SATA power cord is required NO DATA CABLE; NO POWER CORD
Case
COOLER MASTER CAC-T05-UB CENTURION 5 (BLUE/BLACK) MID TOWER NO POWER SUPPLY 5x5.25" 1x3.5" 4x3.5"(hidden) W/ FRONT I/O CONNECTOR, 80mm CASE FAN x 1 & 120mm CASE FAN x 1 NO EXTRA FAN; NO EXTRA FAN; NO POWER SUPPLY; POWER SUPPLY INSTALLATIONMobo

SW specs:
MS XP pro SPII
Latest bios for my MSI mobo.
Software pretty much up to date.

Problem:

I've built the computer last November '05. Its been running smooth for the first few months and then out of nowhere the computer would crash randomly. I noticed it would crash when I was running multiple applications making the CPU compute a little harder. After crashing I would then reboot. The bios would load up and everything but before initializing the OS it wouldn't recognize the HD. Back to back rebooting did not help. What I did was completly switch off the computer and turn off the power supply. Leave it alone for 10-15 minutes and then boot up and it would run like nothing happened.

Yesterday my system crashed but this time I'm getting "error loading operating system" not good.

I've downloaded the 'seagate tools' for the HD diagnosis and ran it. It sees the HD and everything. Funny that the diagnosis software sees it but not the bios. Its passes the quick tests but it said I have some kind of errors- I need to take another look at the log. After work I'm going to try loading a boot disk and see what happens. Does anyone have any insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom