Soundcards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the whole concept of satellites+subwoofer makes no sense to me. I NEED DIRECTIONAL BASS.

I use 4 MTX 12" 3-ways.

No center, no sub. Just pure, quadraphonic nirvana.

P.P. Mguire said:
The 24bit crystalizer puts to much bass into the sound for standard cheap speakers. If you have it on you have to turn the bass way down or you will get distortion from any speaker smaller than a 4". Also, i would recomend going w/ a Sound Blsater Live 24bit (30 bucks) and a 2.1 system of your choice. You wont get the best sound but for a small room its nice. Also, w/ the SB you can hook both of your speaker setups to it one threw the green and one threw the blue.

i have crystalizer all the way to minimum and the bass knob is turned to lowest. its not so much distortion from the sub as it is the satellites. i used my friends Z-5300e's and they blow the z-640's away. so IMO dont get 5.1 unless you get a quality set.

I use 4 towers w/ 2 15"s and a horn. The towers have a crossover so that the middle 15 gets mids, bottom 15 gets lows, and the horn gets all the highs. I have a little JBL PROIII for a center.

i have crystalizer all the way to minimum and the bass knob is turned to lowest. its not so much distortion from the sub as it is the satellites. i used my friends Z-5300e's and they blow the z-640's away. so IMO dont get 5.1 unless you get a quality set.
If you looked closely thats what i was talking about. Any speaker smaller than a 4" will distort in a large amount of low mids and bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom