grapics card OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
I have a chaintech geforce 6600 and I want to overclock it some. now the thing is I have not OC'ed anything before. I have read some guides on cpu OC's but havent found much on GPU's. now do I have to use BIOS or can I download something that will give me a simple menu that I can use to set my power and mhz ranges with?

I have PCI-E with 450watt PS (22amps on +12V rail)

d/l Coolbits or Rivatuner. its very simple. just move the 2 sliders. thats all u have to do. even monkey can do this. mb thats why there isnt much info about it.

download atitool and use the artifact checker.. i think it works good... just watch ur temps and give it time inbetween u raising the mhz.... do small incroments.. take ur time.

I downloaded rivatuner now I have been searching through the program, for somereason I cannot find the slider bars to adjust the mhz?? can someone tell me where in the progrman to find them.

at the main menu, you should see a bar with ur video card on it, click the arrow on the bar underneither ur video card and then click the first icon that looks like a video card... then click enable low-level hardware overclocking.. then hit detect now, then move it in small incroments.. make sure u get atitool to test for artifacts....

well I got to it, now what does the atitool do and what are artifacts. also can you use rivatuner or atitool to check gpu temps, or is that something else I have to download?

sorry but one more thing. I have clocked only by like 4 mhz on each. now do I have to keep a ratio between the core and mem. clock? I downloaded atitool and ran the artifacts scan. didnt detect any ( a still have no idea what an artifact is.)

atitool should display ur temps in there... y download a second program?? and u will know when u artifact with that test... and there really is no set ratio... just when u start to artifact set the mem back 5 mhz and run again.... if it still artifacts, turn ur mem back up 5 more and turn down the core 5.. if it still artifacts, bring down ur mem 5 so that the core and mem are brought down 5... but if u turn down ur mem and it stops artifacting, try to up ur core more.. and same the other way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom