Cool... Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Get this...

My Athlon 64 3500+ Venice is cooler on STOCK cooling than it is on the Zalman flower cooler.
The Zalman idled around 30.
I've got the stock on (never used it before, just tried it to see what kind of temps I would get), and it idles at 24 Celsius. :eek:

How much you guys think I'd get out of overclocking?

how lond did you leave the zalman on? thermal paste needs a couple days or more to be settled. i put AS5 on my GPU and it took about a week or so till i get the results. you dont see the results right away.

Almost forgot... Is there any way of replacing the fan on the stock AMD HSF?

Looks like the fan is not mounted with screws, but kept in place with some kind of plastic mount.

Lol I got you beat before I overclocked mine idled at 21 degrees and now it idles at 30. That's mostly where I live to alberta it's nice and cool and my basement is 19 degrees ambient. But still thats an awesome temp!

zalman is better than stock one correct me if i am wrong anyway to repalce the stock fan there're like plastic clip or something like that holding it down just push them back and release the fan.

Haha. Now the stock is idling at 22. I don't see why I would even need the Zalman. I'll keep it for my Celly, which is a really hot chip anyway.

I think I'm gonna get a really good fan for the stock HS, and I've already put a Zalman Fan Mate2 on it to keep it nice and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom