upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafunkmon

Baseband Member
hey i have a 2001 vaio and i dont know if can support a processor above 400mhz fsb with more than 2.4 ghz, how can i find out? also i just bought dod source and i can play just fine but to load the game and its contents sometimes takes a long time, i was wondering if going from 512 mb to 1gb would improve my gameplay at all?

yes... 1GB will always help, and not just in game play...

download and install cpuz and that will help you find out what kind of mobo you have. then do some searching to see if you can upgrade your CPU. you can always crack the case open and look on the mobp itself and google search it.

1 gig will improve your fps a little but the main way to get better Fps is by getitng a better videocard. And there is only 1 cpu-z. google it and it should be the first one under the search results.

what? anyway if you don't know anything for it, read a bunch of crap about it then you'll know besides it's educational. i don't use cpuz so i don't now where to get it google it if you like but i use sis sandra, they're programs that you can get information outa from computer.bruce lee style.

i just researched my mother board and it says it is capable of 533mhz fsb, but when i click properties on my computer and check it only says 400 mhz fsb, what should i do? how can i know for sure what it is?

my mother board:
intel 845D from 2001

It's capable of a faster FSB, but the processor may not be.

You should do nothing.

You can know for sure by getting that program I linked you to in my previous post.

ok i used the program and it said FSB 100.9 MHz and BUS SPEED 400.3 MHZ, what does that mean and what type of processor should i look into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom