Power Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmoRtaL-TechNQ

Beta member
I had just finished installing windows XP professional. My hard drive was just laying inside the case connected. I was in a hurry and moved my hdd to a slot. It bumped something and the power shut off. I thought the power supply ATX might have been disconnected so i pushed it in. The power came back on then off. THen i pushed on a random spot on the mobo it turned on. Then it stopped turning on and off if i pushed the mobo. I tried to reboot my computerr with the powr switch and nothing happned. I removed the PSU connectors and replugged them in. No power was getting any where. No fans, no noises, nothing. I removed every thing from the case and reinstalled it correctly and still no **** power. Tried switching circuits, cords, the whole schmere. The PSU makes a TINY noise you can only here if your ear is next to it. EVerything is plugged in correctly and nothing gets power.

DId i fry my setup? IS it a PSU problem? PLZ help i just built it and this sucks it doesnt work!

My Set:

Gigabyte titan series
Radeon 9250
Intell P4 3.00 MHZ or GHZ just the normal not extraordinary
1 stick 512 kingston ram DDR 400

Help plz

The issue is carefully investigating the system to see if you can locate what you bumped. take the hard drive out, with the power off and retrace the possible trajectory of the hard drive as you moved it. If you broke or bent a capacitor on the Mobo then a replacement is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom