Video Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob1tus

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, this has made me insane...

When my computer starts up, when my GeForce 6800 Ultra is in, it goes through a series of pixelated screens.

I can not get into BIOS or anything, although my onboard display will work.

Assuming this is strictly a video card issue, which I'm confident it is, is there anyway to fix this?

Although most would say that it's broken and to get a new one, there has to be more that I can do.

I don't have the warranty, any help is extremely appreciated.

try getting into bios with the onscreen display, then once in bios disable it onboard vid shut down and pop in the card.

I've tried that, my motherboard tries to run my video card... I just get those same screens.

It did the same thing with a different motherboard without onboard display.

There's no way to fix that, your card is artifacting. Are you sure you don't have a warranty if its BFG and you are the original owner there is a lifetime warranty. Alot of the card manufacturer's have the same deal.

But if your board has onboard graphics then pull the nvidia card and pull the battery/clear the cmos and restart and the onboard should work again. Then if you can boot insafe mode you should be able to remove the nvidia drivers. Although it should still boot with them still installed.

I can easily get my onboard graphics working and I've reformated my computer, so bad drivers couldn't be causing this.

By the way, I have no idea what artifacting is...

Thanks for the replies.

i have had the same porblem with a nvidia geforce fx 5200. email nvidia at the support page at their site and tell them your problem. they will tell you if it is under warranty or not, from the problem. if it is, send an rma(returm merchandice authorization) to bfg, and see if they will replace it. im still waiting on a responce from 3d fuzion myself, might send a new email later today....

Unfortunately, I ordered my computer customized on ibuypower.com, they gave me a one year warranty for the entire computer, not just the video card.

Thanks for the replies....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom